We’re always told to get our bodies ‘summer ready’, but we constantly try to get summer bodies in the summer. This small window we leave to sculpt our ideal physique can leave us frustrated when results don’t instantly show.
The thing is, we forget that there’s three whole seasons we can use to prepare for the summer, and winter is the best one to use for this. Here, we explain 5 reasons why summer bodies are made in winter:
- More time to prep – The wintertime is typically a period where we do less activity, usually because the weather doesn’t allow for it. But using this time to lay out a detailed plan and set realistic goals – thoroughly researching how to reach them – is key to getting a head start on your summer body.
- Get a head start – We’ve all tried 6-week fitness plans as we’d love to have our summer bodies ready in now time. However, achieving our ideal physique doesn’t happen overnight! Yep, that means hard work and consistency to get there (whilst allowing a little room for our fave chocolate and glass of red). So do make the most of winter (and even autumn) to get a head start and really settle into your workout plan. Remember, slow and steady wins the race!
- Use the cold – The weather may be a little less kind, but it can be your friend. Going out for a run with more layers can train your body to withstand more resistance, while switching to high intensity workouts in the cold can burn more fat.
- Work into nutrition – Throwing yourself into quick fix, restrictive diets can get fast results but are harder to stick with. In the wintertime, you can take more time to create a more balanced diet that is easier to commit to, in the long run.
- Active wear for Christmas – Getting new clothes and accessories for your workout can really motivate and excite you, so don’t be afraid to ask Santa!